Administrative Technician II
Perform complex clerical work, routine administrative support work. Work performed under supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Should have some experience in office practices and administrative procedures.
Training will be provided on all agency requirements.
Work Performed But Not Limited to the Following
- Give routine information to the public by phone or mail
- Prepares and/or distributes routine and special correspondence, reports, forms and documents.
- Assist maintains files and records for an organization unit or administration.
- Assist in compiling statistical data and preparing various charts, graphs and written summaries.
- May perform complex typing and/or take and transcribe technical and/or high volume dictation.
- May review applications for agency service to insure forms are filled out completely and accurately, requesting missing information and documents as needed.
- Answer incoming phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing them to the appropriate staff.
- Open and distribute administrative mail, logging in checks.
- Assist in handling account receivable.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Experience and Training
Should have some experience in office practices and administrative procedures. Training will be provided on all agency requirements.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of agency rules, regulations, policies, and procedures including confidentiality guidelines. Skill in the use of electronic data and/or word processing equipment and software Ability to take and transcribe complex, technical and/or high volume dictation; and to interpret agency rules, regulations, polices and procedures.