The Counselor I (C.I.) will be responsible for the provision of substance abuse counseling for individuals, groups and families. Assist the activities of the clients refereed through the collaborations with Clean Investment Counseling Center (CICC), and to engage persons with needed treatment services.
- Meets requirements for designation as Counselor Intern, as detailed in Approved Clinical Training Institution Policies and Procedures.
- Credentials by TDSHS
- Associate degree or higher
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the targeted communities.
- Ability to establish effective rapport with clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups and demonstrate cultural sensitivity to these groups at all times.
- Knowledge of community resources and area social services organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate problems related to the project and to suggest possible programmatic solutions and alternatives.
DUTIES ARE LISTED BELOW BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
- Performs Screening/Intake function by performing administrative and initial assessment procedures with clients at admission.
- Performs orientation function by describing to clients the general nature and goals of the program and the program's specific rules, parameters, costs, and client rights.
- Performs assessment function by identifying client's strengths, weakness, problems, and needs for the development of treatment plans.
- Performs treatment planning function by identifying and ranking clients' problems, establish agreed upon immediate and long term goals, and deciding on treatment methods and resources to be utilized.
- Performs counseling functions by utilizing special skills to assist clients in achieving objectives through evaluation of problems and their ramifications, examination of attitudes and feelings, consideration of alternative solutions, and decision making.
- Performs case management function by initiating activities, which bring people, services, agencies, and other resources together within a planned framework of action working toward the achievement of established goals.
- Performs crisis intervention function by responding to client's needs during acute emotional and/or physical distress.
- Performs client education function by providing information to clients concerning alcohol and drug abuse, recovery, and available services and resources.
- Performs referral function by identifying the need of clients which cannot be met by the counselor of agency and helping clients which cannot be met by the counselor or agency and helping clients use available support systems and community resources.
- Performs report and record keeping function by documenting results or assessments and treatment plans, writing reports, progress notes, discharge summaries, CODAP's, billing, and other client-related data.
- Performs consultation function by working with other counselors and professionals in regard to client treatment services to assure comprehensive, quality care to clients
- Maintain liaison with referring agencies.
TRAVEL - Out of town travel- 0%; In town travel- as needed
PROBATION PERIOD: SIX MONTHS